Autodesk Build provides a toolset for managing, sharing, and accessing project documents that result in streamlined workflows between the office, trailer, and job site. You can track the quality and safety of the project with issues and forms. Use RFIs, submittals, and meetings to manage the flow of information in the project. You can even track progress as the project evolves.
Autodesk Build also connects to preconstruction workflows in Autodesk BIM 360, BIM Collaborate, BIM Collaborate Pro (Design Collaboration and Model Coordination), and Cost Management for collaborating on designs, coordinating models, and managing costs.
What is Autodesk Build?
Autodesk Build delivers a deep and connected set of field collaboration and project management tools for builders. These tools are delivered in a single, cloud platform that is easy to deploy, adopt and use while keeping information sharing and workflows controlled and configurable.
The Autodesk Build subscription includes:
- Autodesk Docs which unifies the Autodesk Construction Cloud platform of products with a common data environment. This centralizes file management, providing users with seamless navigation and integrated workflows to create a single source of truth across the project lifecycle.
- Cost Management: Connects and improves cost management on one platform. Drives forecast accuracy and predictable cash flow with real-time information and visibility into cost-related risks.
- Insight: Delivers analytics from the data collected and analyzed, as well as the ability to export that data; encompasses Construction IQ artificial intelligence to identify and mitigate risk.
- Administration: Provides centralized user management and permissions, templates, and other tools for project setup, as well as a single authentication method for any unified product.
Autodesk Build also includes the PlanGrid Build mobile app, empowering teams to complete tasks from anywhere on the job site with seamless access to all project data, even when offline.
The Autodesk Build subscription is available in three sheet plans:
- Build 550: You can access up to 550 sheets across all projects
- Build 5000: You can access up to 5000 sheets across all projects
- Build Unlimited: You can access an unlimited number of sheets
Your sheet count is the total number of sheets that you have access to in the Sheets tool across all projects that you are a member of. Add and delete sheets as long as you stay below the maximum number of sheets allowed by your plan. All sheets, including all versions, count toward your sheet plan limit. Files hosted in the Files tool do not count against your sheet limit.
What is Autodesk Build Used for?
The following document management releases are exclusive to Autodesk Build.
- Files | Minimap on Mobile – Similar to the web functionality, members on mobile can view a 2D map of their model while they navigate in 3D. This 2D minimap appears at the top of your phone screen. Members can also move the blue dot on the 2D model to adjust their viewing of the 3D model.
- Files | Gyroscope on Mobile – Members can leverage their mobile device’s built-in gyroscope to experience an immersive interaction with their models while in the field.
- Files | Levels Navigation on Mobile – Members can utilize the up and down arrows to easily navigate between levels within their model.
- Files | Improved Properties Display on Mobile – While viewing a 3D model on mobile, members can see a list display that highlights the properties (constraints, dimensions, etc.) within the model.
- Files | Joystick Toggle for Mobile – While viewing a 3D model on mobile, members can collapse the joystick via the toggle button on the console menu (right-hand side of the mobile screen). This enhancement allows members to maximize their viewing experience.
- Sheets | Export links with Markups and Auto-callouts – Members on the web can now see two new checkboxes, “Include hyperlinks” and “Include Auto-callouts” on the sheet export configuration panel. From there, exported PDFs highlight any linked markups to simplify the process of accessing needed information.
- Meetings | Edit Meetings on Mobile – Members can edit general meeting information on their mobile devices.
- Submittals | Watchers Enhancements – Members can add watchers when creating a submittal item, will see the default watcher, and have the ability to bulk add watchers.
- Submittals | Cover Pages – Cover pages can now be added to submittal attachments. Members can add a blank page, upload their preferred cover page or leverage the built-in cover page that has all relevant submittal information. Once the cover pages are created, members can annotate and add their own stamps.
- Submittals | Status Summary Report – Members can create a new report highlighting the status of submittal items. The Status Summary report summarizes the status of submittal items by company.
- Submittals | New Filters – Members can now filter Submittal Items by Responsible Contractor and Manager.
- Schedule | Share Schedule Views – Members can share a filtered schedule view instantly from the web with other project members.
- Schedule | Filter activities by references (web) – Members can now filter by activities that contain references, as well as filter by specific reference type.
- Schedule | Turn on reference column (web) – Members can now enable the reference field as a column when viewing the schedule.
- Schedule | Add vertical lines for milestones (web) – Members can now add vertical lines for milestones when viewing the schedule in Gantt view.
- Schedule | List Improvement (web) – Members can now sort schedules by name on the thumbnail page as well as view the schedules in the list view.
- Schedule | Add References in iOS – Members can now link references to schedule activities in iOS such as Photos, Files, Sheets, Assets, and Issues.
- Schedule | View Schedule in Android – Members can now access the Schedule tool on Android.
- Photos | Additional Autotags (Beta) – 4 additional tags – wiring, lighting, insulation, and heavy equipment – that will be automatically applied to existing project photos as well as new photos uploaded into the gallery.
- Assets | Linked Markups on Sheets – When creating a markup on a sheet, members can directly link an asset to the markup.
INDUSTRIES: Architecture, Buildings, Construction, MEP Engineering, Structural Engineering