AutoCAD has a flexible subscription model, with new features available with each release and product update. If you’re on a perpetual license of AutoCAD 2018 or earlier, here’s what’s new in AutoCAD 2023.
What’s included in AutoCAD 2023
AutoCAD 2023 includes seven specialized toolsets with industry-specific workflows, libraries, and automation for architecture, mechanical design, 3D mapping, and more.
Connect to your projects from anywhere with the included new web and mobile apps. Enjoy the flexibility of accessing any DWG with AutoCAD on any device—desktop, web, or mobile.
- 2023 | Markup Import & Markup Assist: Automatically import feedback and incorporate collaborative changes to your drawings without additional drawing steps.
- 2023 | My Insights: A frictionless guide to provide valuable tips and new features to help you work faster and in the right context.
- 2023 | AutoCAD Web APIs: Automate steps in your AutoCAD web app workflow, exclusively for AutoCAD subscribers.
- 2023 | Sheet Set Manager: Open and send sheet sets quicker and safer than ever before using the Autodesk cloud platform.
- 2023 | Share: Send a controlled copy of your drawings to teammates to securely access wherever they are.
- 2023 | Count: Automate the counting of blocks or geometry and reduce errors. Export your data to a dynamic table.
- Trace: Safely review and add feedback directly to a DWG file without altering the existing drawing.
- Push to Autodesk Docs: Publish your CAD drawing sheets as PDFs directly from AutoCAD to Autodesk Docs.
- Start tab: The new AutoCAD start tab allows you to easily access files and other helpful content directly from the home screen.
- Simplified Installation: Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customizable installations.
- Drawing History: See changes made to your drawing over time and get automatic insights about previous versions.
- Blocks palette: Insert blocks efficiently from the Libraries tab on the desktop or in the AutoCAD web app.
- Quick measure: Quickly display all nearby measurements including areas and perimeters in a drawing.
- DWG compare: Compare differences between two drawing revisions without leaving your current window.
- Save to web and mobile: Save drawings and their associated Xrefs from your desktop to view and edit in the AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- PDF import: Import geometry (SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text) into a drawing from a PDF.
- Shared views: Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing and commenting.*
- Attach/extract point cloud data: Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies.
- AutoCAD anytime, anywhere: Access AutoCAD from your desktop, web, and mobile devices.*
- 2023 |Trace: Add design change notes and markups from AutoCAD on your desktop in addition to the web and mobile apps.
- 2023 | Count: Automate the counting of blocks or objects within a selected area or throughout your entire drawing.
- 2023 | Graphics: Render 3D objects up to 10 times faster.
- 2023 | Customizable installation: Reduce the amount of time setting up your software with faster and customizable installations. You can even work in AutoCAD while it’s being installed.
- Autodesk App Store and 600+ exchange apps.
- Floating windows: View and edit two drawings at the same time in fully functional windows side by side, or on multiple monitors. No need to open another instance of AutoCAD.
- AutoLISP: Edit and debug files with the new extension for Microsoft Visual Studio Code. Unicode characters are now fully supported.
- High-resolution monitor support: View your designs on 4K- and higher-resolution displays.
- Save, move/copy performance boost with the 2018 TrustedDWG file format.
Subscription benefits: Get more when you subscribe to AutoCAD 2023
AutoCAD web and mobile apps
Work anytime, anywhere with the new AutoCAD web and mobile apps—included with your AutoCAD 2023 subscription.* Design and collaborate across desktop, web, and mobile with multi-platform features like Trace and Share. Conveniently access your drawings stored in Autodesk’s cloud as well as with leading cloud storage providers.
Extend your workflow beyond the office on virtually any device.
View and edit your latest drawings in the field and on the go.
View and edit from any computer with no installation needed.
Complete designs in a fraction of the time. When you subscribe to AutoCAD 2023, you get industry-specific features and libraries for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, and more.* For example, recent studies showed an average productivity gain of up to 63% for AutoCAD tasks completed with the help of a specialized toolset.**
• Automate floorplans, sections, and elevations.
• Access libraries of 750,000+ symbols and parts.
• Draw piping, plumbing, and ducting quickly with mechanical tools.
• Design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical with MEP.
• Auto-generate annotations, layers, schedules, lists, and tables.
• Create rules-driven workflows to accurately enforce industry standards.
Support and software access
- Microsol Resources support specialists: Schedule a call†, chat online (limited availability), or email us.
- Remote desktop assistance: Get secure, hands-on troubleshooting.
- Online resources: Access our TECH Resources for help documentation, tutorials, training, webinars, and office hours.
Access to the latest software
Instantly access the newest releases and updates.
Access previous versions
Download and use previous releases.
Flexible term lengths
Subscribe annually, or for 3 years.*
Easily manage software licenses, seats, and usage from your Autodesk Account.
* Not available to maintenance plan customers.
** As compared to basic AutoCAD. The study was designed by Autodesk and commissioned by an outside consultant. Your results may differ. Autodesk provides this information “as is”, without warranty of any kind.
Want to learn more? Feel free to view the video recording of our webinar.
INDUSTRIES: Architecture, Buildings, Civil Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, Construction, MEP Engineering, Structural Engineering