V-Ray Next for Revit, update 1, now available!
By Sofia Jaramillo | BIM, Visualization
V-Ray for Revit is a rendering plugin that lets you create professional-quality images directly from Revit models. It helps you explore, present your design ideas, and make critical design decisions at every stage of the design lifecycle- from schematic design, through design development and construction documents to the final polished marketing materials.
With V-Ray Next for Revit, you can generate incredible renders of your Revit models from your earliest concepts to the final marketing materials with the highest level of realism.
V-Ray Next for Revit update 1, is packed with productivity-boosting new features as well as support for Revit 2021 and the latest rendering hardware.
- View-specific settings. Render and maintain multiple views with individual lighting, mood, and composition. Whether it’s a bright exterior or a nighttime interior you can quickly switch between the two within the same project.
- New Grass/Fur workflow. Create more realistic furry surfaces, such as grass and fabrics, with the new and extended V-Ray Fur workflow.
- Sun Animation. V-Ray now adds extra realism to Revit’s Solar Study. Explore and visualize the impact of natural light and shadows on your designs across a variety of timespans.
- Batch rendering. Leave V-Ray to render your project images while you are away. Batch rendering helps you to schedule multiple views for rendering with a click of a button.
- Transfer Auto values. Reduce the amount of time you spend adjusting renders with automatically calculated exposure and white balance values. Values are now displayed in a single click and can be further adjusted manually.
- Color Assistant. V-Ray Color Picker’s new extension saves time by suggesting a color shade palette to choose the right color for your designs.
- Material picker. Replacing a Revit material with V-Ray material has never been easier. Pick a surface in Revit view and instantly locate its material in the Appearance Manager.
Latest & Greatest
- Revit 2021. V-Ray now fully supports the latest versions of Revit.
- RTX support. Leverage even more of your GPU’s performance with NVIDIA RTX card support.
If you would like to upgrade your V-Ray 3.0 for Revit licenses to V-Ray NEXT for Revit, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not sure about upgrading your licenses, you can request a free 30-day trial, to get an overview of its new features and functionality. You can test it out with your team and find out how this new version will improve your workflow.