How to set up roles in Autodesk Account
By John Semel | IT, Subscription
If you have a mix of products with single- and multi-user access or purchased online and from Microsol Resources, you might manage your users in classic user management as well as new user management. When you manage users in both places, it’s important to understand the different admin roles and responsibilities.
- How do I know if I have both user management views?
- Different admin roles for each view
- Each view is independent
- Comparison of administrative roles and responsibilities
How do I know if I have both user management views?
If you see By User, By Product, and Classic User Management in the left navigation, your account has both views.
Different admin roles for each view
Each view has different administrative roles:
- User Management (by User or by Product) – Primary, secondary, and SSO admins
- Classic User Management – Contract managers and software coordinators
Each view is independent
The two user management views are independent of one another.
- When you add users to classic user management, they are only added to classic user management.
- When you add users by User or by Product, they are not added to classic user management.
- When you change the contract manager, you don’t change the primary admin and vice versa.
Note: If you change the contract manager online, the new contract manager is added as a secondary admin.
- When you change the software coordinator, you don’t change any of the secondary admins and vice versa.
Comparison of administrative roles and responsibilities
The following table compares the different administrative roles and their responsibilities.
|New||Primary Admin||By default, the contract manager (or owner), is also assigned as the primary admin.
Primary admin rights:
|Secondary Admin||Secondary admins assist with user management.
Secondary admin rights:
|SSO Admin||SSO admins assist with managing and configuring SSO.
SSO admin rights:
|Classic||Contract Manager||The person who purchases the product is the contract manager (owner), however, you can reassign the role later.
Contract manager rights:
|Software Coordinator||The contract manager assigns a software coordinator to assist with managing users and product updates.
Software coordinator rights:
INDUSTRIES: Architecture, Buildings, Civil Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, Construction, Manufacturing, Media & Entertainment, MEP Engineering, Structural Engineering