Autodesk BIM 360 Team is no longer available
By John Semel | Collaboration
As of April 9, 2018, Autodesk will no longer offer new subscriptions to BIM 360 Team. BIM 360 Team subscribers will have access to the new BIM 360 platform. The BIM 360 Team end-of-life activities also apply to A360 Team users.
Why is this happening?
With the launch of the unified Autodesk Construction Cloud portfolio – Autodesk products built for architecture, engineering, and construction lifecycle collaboration – is taking the next step in the end-of-life process for BIM 360 Team.
In this article, you can learn more about the impact on your account and the next steps you can consider for copying your data. The information and processes in this article will also help you take advantage of new data and document management functionality as it is released.
Consider Moving to Autodesk Docs
Autodesk Docs is cloud collaboration software that supports controlled data and document management from design through construction. Autodesk Docs offers similar functionality to BIM 360 Team but with greater file- and folder-based access and permission controls and unlimited storage. To learn more about Autodesk Docs, click here.
Key dates to keep in mind
BIM 360 Team products will be available until Autodesk completes the end-of-life process, but we encourage you to begin the file transfer process as soon as possible. It’s also helpful to keep in mind the overall timeline as detailed here.
- Customers will be notified of the release of a technology preview of the Autodesk Replication Tool via email
- Customers will have access to a Guide on steps to take to transfer files using the Autodesk Replication Tool
- Release Desktop Connection Ver. 2.0 without access to BIM 360 Team (previous versions of Desktop Connector will still support BIM 360 Team)
- You will no longer be able to renew your existing BIM 360 Team subscription.
- End creation of new projects and hubs
- End support for mobile app
- App removed from the app store
- Existing customers can continue to use the mobile app, but will not have product support if they encounter issues
- The mobile app will no longer be available by the end of December 2023
- Transition to read-only access for all files; users can continue to transfer files using the Autodesk Replication Tools
- End support of BIM 360 Team in Desktop Connector
- Remove access to the platform for all users
How do I know if I have a subscription to Autodesk Docs?
If you have a subscription to any of the following product offerings, you already have access to Autodesk Docs.
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) Collection
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro
- Autodesk Build
- Autodesk Docs standalone subscription
- Autodesk Takeoff
- Autodesk BIM 360 Docs
You can access Autodesk Docs through the Autodesk Account portal. If you have issues accessing Autodesk Docs from the Autodesk Account portal, contact your contract manager or account administrator.
What options are available to copy my data from BIM 360 Team or A360 Team?
You can copy your data from BIM 360 Team or A360 Team to Autodesk Docs. You can also download your data to your local machine.
How do I copy my data if I have a subscription to Autodesk Docs?
If you have a subscription to Autodesk Docs and you do not use AutoCAD Plant 3D, you can use the Autodesk Replication Tool to download your BIM 360 Team files to your local machine or copy files into an Autodesk Docs project. To request access to Autodesk Replication Tool, please complete the sign-up form.
What if I don’t have access to Autodesk Docs?
If you don’t have a subscription to Autodesk Docs, you can get a separate subscription. You also have the option to download any BIM 360 Team or A360 Team files to your local machine.
Visit this site to learn more about purchasing a subscription to Autodesk Docs.
Do you still have questions about the end-of-life of the BIM 360 Team? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to assist you.
INDUSTRIES: Architecture, Buildings, Civil Engineering, Civil Infrastructure, Construction, Infrastructure, MEP Engineering, Structural Engineering