V-Ray for 3ds Max is an Academy Award-winning, production-proven rendering software. Known for its versatility and ability
to handle any type of project, V-Ray is considered an industry-standard in architecture, advertising, design, and visual effects.
WHAT’S NEW IN V-RAY 5 FOR 3DS MAX?
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max is the most complete 3D rendering software for artists and designers. V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max’s modern and efficient material library workflow, faster look-development with material presets, and flexible post-processing features can save users time, take them beyond just rendering and help them focus on artistic exploration — from a single creation tool.
KEY FEATURES IN V-RAY 5 FOR 3DS MAX
Explore lighting possibilities interactively in real-time. Use LightMix in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer to freely experiment with lighting changes after you render, save out permutations, and push back improvements you’d like to have in your scene.
The new Layer compositor lets you fine-tune and finish your images directly in the new V-Ray Frame Buffer — without the need for a separate post-processing app.
Efficiently browse from a library of over 500 render-ready materials
including metals, glass, wood, and more.
Save time creating common materials with presets for aluminum, chrome, glass, and more. Presets for most used hair colors have also been added.
New rendered material swatches show you exactly what your materials will look like.
Add reflective coatings directly in the updated V-Ray Material, saving you both material creation and rendering time vs. using Blend material.
Create soft microfiber fabrics like velvet, satin, and silk with the new Sheen options in the updated V-Ray Material.
Add variety to your scene with the new VRayUVWRandomizer map and enhanced VRayMultiSubTex controls.
Stochastic Texture Tiling
Automatically remove texture tiling artifacts with the new Stochastic tiling option on the VRayUVWRandomizer.
Extended V-Ray Dirt
Weathered streaks and dirt in crevices are easy with the enhanced V-Ray Dirt, which now employs both ambient and inner occlusion.
New Sun and Sky Model
Reproduce the subtleties of twilight when the sun is below the horizon with the new Sun and Sky model.
Other Features in V-Ray 5 Include
- Light path expressions. Use the behavior of light, rather than just geometry, to produce flexible masks for very efficient compositing. Built-in presets make getting started easy, while scripting is there for ultimate control.
- Blue-Noise sampling. Achieve better noise distribution with fewer samples.
- Native ACEScg support. Select industry-standard ACEScg for rendering with automatic color space adjustment for textures, dispersion, sun & sky, and light temperature colors.
- Initial out-of-core. Initial out-of-core implementation to handle your largest scenes.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE V-RAY 5 FOR 3DS MAX?
- The redefined V-Ray Frame Buffer means users can now use one tool for rendering and basic compositing without going back and forth between different apps.
- Access to the material library means users can jump-start their custom materials in no time.
- Users can automate their lighting and shading process with a selection of tools and presets for faster results with fewer clicks.
- The latest V-Ray GPU enhancements in V-Ray 5 allow users to fully utilize their hardware for maximum performance.
- V-Ray 5 introduces even quicker ways to handle tasks, such as with the newly added material presets.
- Artists can now manipulate different lighting scenarios interactively and even after rendering, without having to render again.
- Users can easily avoid seams in their textures with texture randomizations.
If you would like to upgrade your V-Ray Next for 3ds Max licenses to V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not sure about upgrading your licenses, you can request a free 30-day trial, to get an overview of its new features and functionality. You can test it out with your team and find out how this new version will improve your workflow.