The Install Now method automates the process of downloading, extracting and installing Autodesk software on a single computer.
Why should I use Install Now?
Download and install times are reduced as the process decompresses product files while the download is in progress. For Subscription customers, Install Now automatically applies the assigned Serial Number and activates your software.
- Availability and Browser Compatibility: Install Now may not be available for all products and operating systems. If this download method is not offered when you sign in to your Autodesk Account, please use an alternate download method. If you encounter any errors with functionality or connectivity, please try using another Web browser or download method.
- Network Installation: Files downloaded using the Install Now process can not be used for additional installations on other computers. If you need to install on a network or create a deployment, download your software using Download Now or Browser Download.
- Component Installation Failure: Make sure you completely uninstall all previous versions before attempting to install a new version. See How to manually uninstall the product using Microsoft Fix it. If you receive a message that some software components did not install, this is most likely due to software conflicts on your computer and not because the components did not download.
To download and install software using Install Now:
1.Sign in to your Autodesk Account at manage.autodesk.com.
2.Locate and expand the product tray for the software you wish to download in the list of Products & Services.
3.Click Downloads to activate the download pop-up window.
4.Select the Version, Platform, and Language from the pull-down menus and click the Install Now button to activate the download if it is presented as the default option.
Notes about choosing Version and Platform:
- •Selecting Windows Platform: For Windows systems, 32-bit or 64-bit refers to the version of your operating system, which you can check by going to Control Panel > System. You must choose the correct version in order to use the software.
- •Activating download options: Not all download options are available for each version and platform. You may have to select a different platform and/or click the More options link (if available) to see additional download options.
5.Select “I Accept” on the License Agreement screen and click Install. If your browser asks what to do with the install file, select Run.
Note about “Communication Error” message: A “Communication Error” could indicate a problem with your browser’s security settings.
6.Click Install on the installation screen. Some products offer the option of selecting the language for the installation instructions.
7.Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation. Your software will install while it downloads.
Note about Activation: Install Now may automatically recognize subscription customers and apply the serial number from Autodesk Account to activate the software. If your software does not activate automatically, see Activating & Registering your Autodesk Software Online for instructions.