As you use your Projet x60 series 3D printer more and more you may encounter a few errors here and there, this is normal and can commonly occur after long printing sessions. The reason for the errors can vary from not following the maintenance procedure and not cleaning the printer after every print job to various parts wearing out and reaching the end of its life. A lot of the errors are usually cleaning related so it is always best to follow the maintenance procedures and try to resolve the error using the troubleshooting guides found in chapter 7 of the user manual. If you still can’t get passed the error, then it is best to contact us for remote or onsite support.
For us to support you we will need a few key pieces of information to get a good idea of what is going on with your printer and how we can resolve your issues properly:
- Printer Model
- Found on the front of the machine near the control knob
- Printer Serial Number
- Usually the printer’s name or found on the back of the machine near the bottom.
- Company Name and Contact Information
- Best method to reach you to provide a quick response time
- Printer’s Service Log File
- Found in 3D Print under Tools tab>Service>select View Printer Log and save file as.
- Detailed Description of Problem/Error and Steps Taken to Resolve the Error
- Provides us with a good idea of what is going on and possible causes/solutions.
- Photos of the Build Chamber including the Fast Axis, Service Station, Spittoon and Carriage
- We can analyze further and see something that may have been missed.
- Video of the Error as It is Happening (e.g. Motion Errors, Spread Errors, etc.)
- We can further analyze the issue and see or hear something that may have been missed.
The following files that we may request are not essential but may provide more insight onto what may be causing your errors:
- Printer’s .INI File
- Found in 3D Print under Tools tab>Service>select Edit.ini and save file as.
- Printers Spread.CSV File
- Found in 3D Print under Tools tab>Service>select Receive File and enter “spread.csv” (without quotes) and save file
- Print Head Report
- Found in 3D Print under Tools tab>Service >select Print Head Report and take a screenshot
- Binder/Core Type
- Name on packaging (e.g., visjet pxl or zb63)
- Binder/Core Expiration Dates
- Found on Packaging (near top), consumables only have a 1 year shelf life.
You can send the files to our 3DPrinting@microsolresources.com email address and we will be in touch as soon as possible. However, if it is urgent you can call in to our office @ 212-465-8734 and we can assist you on the phone.
After reviewing the received files, we will recommend steps to resolve the problem remotely, or narrow down what the issues are and to determine which replacement parts may be needed for an onsite visit. These files should be sent with every new case being brought to our attention so we can provide you with the fastest and easiest support possible. Remember the more information we can get the more likely we will be able to resolve your issue during one onsite visit.
Thanks and Happy 3D Printing!
EDIT: Originally posted on 11/02/2016