NOTE: To view our more updated blog post on Transferring Autodesk Licenses, please visit this page: https://microsolresources.com/how-to-transfer-autodesk-licenses/
Before we get started on how to transfer ownership of Autodesk Licenses, let’s define what circumstances dictate requesting a Transfer of License (TOL). Transfer of License (TOL) may be allowed if either circumstances apply:
(a) a transfer of a perpetual license from one person or company to another person or company (limited circumstances; see form for details)
(b) a transfer of license by the licensee from one country to another country for use in that other country.
The Autodesk License and Services Agreement governing use of Autodesk software generally prohibits Transferring Ownership of Autodesk Licenses without the prior written consent of Autodesk.
Please note: If you own a standalone license and just want to move this from one computer to another, you can do so by using the License Transfer Utility.
Moving on, in order to make a TOL request, you will want to follow the steps below:
- Complete the Transfer of License Application. Please don’t forget to complete Step 4, Enter the Transferee Reseller information, on your TOL application. This way Microsol Resources will be kept in the loop as to the progress and results of your request. You can locate your Contract and Serial Number details within Autodesk Account under the Contract & Orders tab.*
- Transferor (coming from) and Transferee (going to) must print and sign the Application.
- Scan your signed Application and save it to your computer in a PDF format.
- Complete Autodesk’s online Customer Assistance web form which you can locate by clicking the link within step 4 of the TOL form (see link in step 1 above).
- In the “How May We Assist You?” Field, enter “License Transfer Application” and submit your application.
After you submit your application:
- You will receive an email with your case number.
- Autodesk will review your TOL application and contact you if they require additional information.
- Autodesk will notify you to confirm about the status of your TOL Application, and/or whether they have approved your TOL request.
If you are still having trouble with your TOL request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-768-7568.