Please note, there is an updated version of this blog post here: https://microsolresources.com/how-to-request-a-license-to-use-previous-versions-of-autodesk-software-on-subscription-2/
One of the benefits of being an Autodesk Subscription customer is that you are entitled to use previous versions of Autodesk products – that are also licensed under Subscription – along with the most current release. In order to do so, simply follow the steps below.
Please note: You MUST be your company’s Software Coordinator or Contract Manager in order to request the use of previous versions for Autodesk software products. Click here for our post on how to update the Software Coordinator.
- First, log into Subscription Center and click Contract Administration. (This link will only appear for those that are Contract Managers or Software Coordinators).
- Click Previous Versions.
- Now you will want to check the Eligible Product List to determine whether the product and version you want is available.Select your license type (Standalone or Network) and click Continue.
- Next, select the option that best applies and click Continue.
- Confirm your contract information is correct and select your contract number from the drop down list.
- Enter the serial number and name of the product that you are currently using, as well as the previous version for which you would like to request a license. Finally, click Submit.
It will take 3-5 business days to process your request.
Please be aware that for most products, licenses are available for up to three previous versions. However, use of previous version is subject to certain conditions and may not be available for ALL software products or in all locations.
Still confused? Watch this video walkthrough for more help!
If you do not have an active Subscription account, need help activating your Autodesk Subscription or still have other questions, call us at 888-768-7568 or send an email to email@example.com.