Autodesk Previous Use is one of the flexible licensing benefits available exclusively to Autodesk Maintenance Subscription customers with an Autodesk license on the eligible products list*. Autodesk Previous Use allows access to previous releases of your Autodesk product; up to three versions back. No need to uninstall one version to access another version. The current version and up to three previous versions are allowed to be installed on each workstation.
It’s important to note that if your Autodesk software is a Network License it already contains access to three version back within the license file. There is no need to make this request.
It’s equally important to note that if your Autodesk software is a perpetual standalone license on Maintenance Subscription that has been upgraded but was once the previous version you require; then chances are the previous version serial number remains active and can be used with the appropriate product key to install and activate without needing to make a request for previous use within Autodesk Account.
I should also mention for all you customers who have crossgraded your Autodesk software; Autodesk previous version is exactly that; the benefit to use the previous version of the exact same Autodesk product. So if you had an Autodesk AutoCAD and you crossgraded to a Building Design Suite Premium and you need to access your previous version(s) of AutoCAD; you now need to access AutoCAD within Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium.
The administrator on the Autodesk Account, the Contract Manager or Software Coordinator(s), would make the request within Autodesk Account. If you are an end user, you will need to contact the administrator to fulfill this request.
*To see an eligible product list click here.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log into Autodesk Account at accounts.autodesk.com.
- Click Management on the top navigation bar to view your products and services.
- Locate the product for which you would like to request previous version usage. Click on the arrow to the left of the product to open the drawer to view product details. Then, click Get serial numbers next to the previous software version you would like.
- Click Send a request under Standalone License and next to Maintenance Subscription. Note that you do not need to make a previous version request for networked licenses.
- On the request form enter the Version, Quantity, and current product version Serial number. Click Send Request. Note that it may take up to 3 days for your request to be completed.
If you are still having trouble, give Microsol Resources a call at 888-768-7568 and our support team will help you out!