While one of Autodesk’s catchy taglines is ‘Anytime, anywhere’ we’ve received feedback from numerous clients that they haven’t been able to access the Download now feature for their Autodesk product(s) within Autodesk Account and are only able to view the Install now option. The Download now option is highly favored because not only does it reduce the time it takes to get applications up and running by decompressing product files during the download, files downloaded using Download now can be installed at a later time, on a different computer or as a deployment. We’ve discovered a workaround that’s fairly simple and straightforward as outlined in steps below:
- Log in to https://accounts.autodesk.com/
- Navigate to the Management tab
- Scroll down the left hand navigation and click on All Products & Services and filter out services by clicking Products
- From here you should be able to see a list of your Autodesk products with a button to the right of each named Downloads
When things are working optimally; clicking on the Downloads button should result in a pop-up window allowing you to click on a Download now button or a link directly below the Download now button that offers more options.
- If you instead only see a button offering the option Install now then simply click on the Platform dropdown menu and chose another option and that will trigger the Download now button/More options link to appear.
- Note that when you click on Download now you may be prompted to install the Autodesk Download Manager.
I also created a .44 Screencast of me going through the motions here: How to change from Install Now to Download Now
If you still have unanswered questions or are having trouble, do not hesitate to contact us! Call us at 888-768-7568 or shoot us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.