Please note, there is an updated version of this blog post which you can view here: http://blog.microsolresources.com/2015/05/18/assignupdate-the-software-coordinator-in-autodesk-account/.
Autodesk Subscription Center can be a wonderful, yet sometimes confusing, place. We get lots of inquiries regarding how Subscription customers can assign and/or update the Software Coordinator. To help make your life a little easier, we have put together crucial steps to take in order to do so.
Before you go through the steps, please note the differences between Autodesk Subscription Roles:
- Contract Manager (CM)—The person who receives renewal notices and has full contract-related privileges within the Subscription Center. The CM also names users to access the Subscription Center.
- Software Coordinator (SC)—A person who is named by the Contract Manager to receive email notifications to order or download applicable new releases or extensions, and to receive shipments of upgrades. Software Coordinators also can be given rights to name users to access the Subscription Center. Each Serial Number will have a Software Coordinator attached to it. The Software Coordinator can also be the Contract Manager.
- User— Any person designated by a Contract Manager or Software Coordinator to access the members-only Subscription Center. This person may also be granted download privileges for extensions and upgrades. As a User, please know that if you submit support requests, the information in your support request will be viewable by your Contract Manager, Software Coordinator, other Users in your company, and your reseller.
Moving on, if you’re the Contract Manager (and only if you’re the Contract Manager) you can assign a Software Coordinator in Subscription Center by following these steps:
- Go to “Manage Software Coordinators” on the Contract Administration page.
- Click on the contract that you want to assign a Software Coordinator
- Click on the “Products” tab and select the assets to be assigned a Software Coordinator
- Click on the “Assign” button on the top of the columns on the right hand side
- Click on the pick list button next to the name of the current Software Coordinator
- Select the Search category for the Software Coordinator from the drop down list in the “Find:” box. (Select “Email” if already an End User.)
- Enter their email address (if already an End User) in the “starting with” box and click on “Go”
- Select from the list or “Add” if not on the list
- Click on “Apply to All” to assign the Software Coordinator to the selected products.
That’ll do it.
Please note that the Contract Manager can change, update and give credentials to users and Software Coordinators. Change of Contract Manager must be done in Partner Center by reseller and/or can be requested by current CM by opening a case within Subscription Center.
If you still have any unanswered questions about Subscription Center, do not hesitate to contact us! Call us at 888-768-7568 or shoot us an email email@example.com.