Please note, there is an updated version of this blog post here.
There are plenty of customers who need to use Autodesk software at work, as well as, at home. If you’re a Subscription Customer who falls into this category, you will need to request a license to use Autodesk software at home.
Only Contract Managers and Software Coordinators have the ability to request the use of Autodesk software on both home and office computers. Therefore, if you’re the end user, you will need to contact your Contract Manager to fulfill this request.
Moving on, if you are a Contract Manager or Software Coordinator, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Log into Subscription Center and click the Contract Administration link located on the left side.
Note: This link will only appear for Contract Managers and Software Coordinators.
2. Click Request Home Use.
3. Check the Eligible Product List to determine whether the product and version is available for Home Use.
Please Note: Home use is subject to certain conditions and may not be available for all software products or in all locations
4. Read and Accept the Home Use Ancillary Service Agreement and click Continue.
5. Select your primary license type (Standalone or Network) and click Continue.
6. For Standalone licenses, you can install your software on your home computer using your existing serial number; you do not need to submit a Home Use License Application form. In other words, just install the serial number twice – once for your main machine and once for your home machine.
For Network licenses, you will need to complete the Home Use for Network Licenses application form:
- Confirm your Contact Information is correct, select your Contract Number and Country where you will use the product from the drop down lists.
- Enter the Product Name, Release, Serial Number and Quantity of licenses you are requesting.
- Click Submit.
Note: Please allow up to 5 business days to process your request and receive an email from Autodesk with Serial Number. If you do not receive notification within that time please follow up by phoning Autodesk license and registration department at 800-551-1490.
Are you still having trouble? Watch this video walkthrough for more help or call our office at (212) 465-8734!