McNeel’s Newest Way to License Rhino: The Cloud Zoo
McNeel has added a new way to license Rhino that will change where and when Rhino is available for you to use. Cloud Zoo Licensing is the newest way to license Rhino 6.
What is the Cloud Zoo?
The Cloud Zoo is a cloud-based license management system that:
- Allows you to use Rhino by logging into the Cloud Zoo using your Rhino Account.
- Allows you to track and manage your licenses and users.
- Keeps track of the licenses you own.
- Manages your licenses across multiple computers and users.
- Allows you to use Rhino on multiple machines as long as you abide by the license agreement.
- A new option: It does not replace the existing license key system or Zoo. You can continue to use them.
- A Rhino Account (Create one here!)
- Add your Rhino 6 license key to the the Cloud Zoo
- An Internet connection when starting Rhino (you can disconnect afterward).
- No need to deal with license keys when using Rhino.
- With the Cloud Zoo you can share licenses on multiple computers.
- You can add your license and it will float to any computer you have access to using the Internet instead of a local area network by logging in with your Rhino Account. This means Rhino can be easily use on any computer.
- For multiple users, use the Cloud Zoo to create teams, add multiple licenses, and invite users to join the Team to share the licenses over the internet.
- Rhino keeps working when you’re not connected to the Internet (an infrequent connection is required). No need to check out licenses, so you should not be caught out on the road without a license.
Teams on the Cloud Zoo
For corporations and schools, the Cloud Zoo supports the creation of teams. Teams are groups of people that can use a set of licenses in the Zoo.
Domain Linked Teams
For easier administration of larger teams, accounts linked through a domain can be set up. Anybody with an email address matching that domain can automatically join your domain-linked team and have access to your licenses – no invitation email verification is required. Domain-linked teams support custom authentication providers (Google, Active Directory, or One Login) to keep your user management centralized.
Cloud Zoo Options:
If you’re ready to purchase your Rhino licenses, please make sure to visit our Online Store.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at (888) 768-7568 and we would be more than happy to help!