Global Illumination Rendering Software
Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer, built to stand up to the demands of VFX and animation production. It offers a powerful, yet easy-to-use rendering experience that delivers beautiful and predictable results, and lets you focus on being creative, rather than spending hours going through settings.
Arnold can now be used for production rendering on both CPU and GPU, empowering users to choose the renderer best suited to their specific needs and workflow. From real-time look development to interactive lighting, Arnold GPU helps bring speed and power to user workflows, resulting in shorter iteration cycles and reviews. The ability to switch seamlessly between CPU and GPU rendering gives artists greater flexibility and provides efficiency gains for studios of all kinds. Arnold 6 also introduces on-demand texture loading, improved support for Open Shading Language and OpenVDB volumes, new USD components, and a quicker, easier way to buy.
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH TOP 3D DCC TOOLS
Supported plug-ins for Maya, Houdini, Cinema 4D, 3ds Max, and Katana offer an artist-friendly UI. Simple and intuitive controls mean fewer clicks to get the high-quality look you’re after, whether photoreal or stylized.
STABILITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
Arnold thrives on heavy data sets and handles your most complex work with ease, so you can render with confidence.
MAXIMUM GPU FLEXIBILITY
Use GPU rendering to speed up interactive look development and lighting. Choose optimized CPU rendering with lower-cost hardware and the option to reliably scale to the cloud
OPEN AND EXTENSIBLE ARCHITECTURE
Get the scalability of an open architecture that makes it easy to integrate Arnold into your pipeline and adapt to project needs. Create custom shaders, cameras light filters, and output drivers.
PRODUCTION READY FEATURES
A Powerful set of tools that help you to save time and produce high-quality images efficiently:
- Standard surface shader to produce a wide range of materials and looks.
- Advanced volumetric rendering.
- Adaptive sampling.
- Alembic procedural.
- OSL support.
- Operator framework enables support for open standard framework such as MaterialX.
Arnold works well on most 64-bit systems.
Minimum OS requirements:
- OSX 10.9 or later
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable
- Linux with at least glibc 2.12 and libstdc++ 3.4.13 (gcc 4.4.7). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 6
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above
- Arnold GPU (beta) works on Linux and Windows, and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information