How to use the Download Now Method for Autodesk Account
NOTE: To view our more updated blog post on Transferring Autodesk Licenses, please visit this page: https://microsolresources.com/using-ava-browser-download-install-software/
If you’re an Autodesk Subscription customer, you can use the Download Now method to download files for installing later or on a different computer. This method utilizes the Autodesk Download Manager, which provides faster downloads and the ability to pause and restart if needed. Before reviewing the steps below on how to download software from Autodesk Account, please read the following download and install information:
- Network Installation: If you are installing your new software on a network, you must download and install the latest version of the Network License Manager to successfully activate your software. See How to Install the Network License Manager for more information.
- Download Now Availability: If you don’t see an option for “Download Now” in Autodesk Account for your software, the download method is not available for that particular product or version.
- Download Access: To download software from Autodesk Account, you must have access to full product downloads. If you don’t have the appropriate access, contact your Contract Manager.
- Component Installation Failure: Make sure you completely uninstall all previous versions before attempting Install Now with a new version. See How to manually uninstall the product using Microsoft Fix it to ensure complete removal of previous products and components. If you complete the install process and receive a message that some software components didn’t install, this is most likely due to software conflicts on your computer and not because the components didn’t download.
How to Download Software from Autodesk Account:
- Sign into your Autodesk Account at accounts.autodesk.com.
- Go to the top navigation bar and click Management to view your products and services. Keep in mind you have the option of viewing exclusively products by clicking Products in the left navigation pane.
- Locate the product you are interested in downloading. A Download now button may be next to the product as the default. If it is not, click More actions and find the Download now option in the drop-down menu.
- The Download Now pop-up window below will appear. Select the appropriate Version, Platform, and Language for the product you would like to work in. Click Download Now to activate the download.Note: For Windows systems, 32-bit or 64-bit refers to the version of your operating system, which you can check by going to Control Panel > System. You must choose the correct version in order to use the software.
- If prompted install the Autodesk Download Manager. Accept the License Agreement and click Install.
- The Download Manager will prompt you for a save location. Click OK. The file will be saved in the default location. When the download is finished you will see options to Install or view the downloaded files.
If you have any questions, feel free to give Microsol Resources a call at 888-768-7568 or email email@example.com.