Using the Browser Download Method for Autodesk Account
The Browser Download method uses the built-in file download features of your Web browser. Downloaded files are larger compared to other download methods, may be broken into multiple file downloads, and can be uncompressed and installed only after all downloads are complete.
Why should I use Browser Download?
Browser Download may be your best option if you cannot use the Autodesk Download Manager or other download methods are not offered or resulted in an error. Not all download methods are available for all products and platforms. See Download Methods for Autodesk Account for more information about your download options.
To download software using Browser Download:
- Disable pop-up window blocking on your Web browser.
- Sign in to your Autodesk Account at manage.autodesk.com.
- On the Management tab > Products, click the product you want to download in the Products list.
- Click Downloads to activate the download pop-up window.
5. Select the Version, Platform, and Language from the pull-down menus and click the Browser Download button to activate the download if it is presented as the default option.
Notes about choosing Version and Platform:
- Selecting Windows Platform: For Windows systems, 32-bit or 64-bit refers to the version of your operating system, which you can check by going to Control Panel> System. You must choose the correct platform in order to use the software.
- Activating Download Options: Not all download options are available for each version and platform. You may have to select a different platform and/or click the More options link to see the Browser Download option.
6. Launch the .exe or .dmg file after all downloads are complete:
- Mac OS: Launching the .dmg file will initiate software installation.
- Windows: Launching any of the downloaded .exe files will extract all installation files to C:Autodesk by default. If your installation package is larger than 2 GB, you may see multiple .exe files in your download folder with similar product names. After all files are extracted to the installation directory, locate the extracted files and launch the setup.exe file to start installation.
Note: If you receive the message “Error: Product download consists of multiple files” (shown below) when you attempt to extract the installation files, your Web browser’s pop-up blocker prevented one or more files from downloading. Disable your pop-up blocker and attempt the download again.
Download and Installation Tips
- Disabling pop-up blocker required: Installation files larger than 2 GB are divided into multiple files that will download simultaneously. You must disable your pop-up blocker before initiating a Browser Download to download all files successfully.
- Executing any downloaded file activates file extraction: If multiple .exe files download on a Windows system, you may launch any one of them to initiate complete extraction of all the installation files.
- Installing on a network: If you are installing your software on a network, you must download and install the latest version of the Network License Manager. See How to Install the Network License Manager and Installing Software on a Single Computer with a Network License for more information.
- Troubleshooting “Component Installation Failure” error: Make sure you completely uninstall all previous versions before attempting to install a new version. See How to manually uninstall the product using Microsoft Fix it. If you receive a message that some software components did not install, this is most likely due to software conflicts on your computer and not because the components did not download.