How to Transfer Ownership of Autodesk Licenses or Subscriptions (TOLS)
An Autodesk Transfer of License or Subscription (TOLS) is either:
- A transfer of a perpetual license or subscription from one person or company to another person or company, or
- A transfer of a perpetual license or subscription from one country to another country for use in that other country.
Review the guidelines below to confirm if your circumstances qualify for a transfer and then follow the steps in this blog if you want to transfer an Autodesk product or subscription to:
- A subsidiary
- Another country
- Another company
- As a donation
Contract Information to Gather Before You Complete the Transfer Request
Be sure to have the following information ready to include in the Transfer of License and Subscription Application:
- All active, registered serial numbers for transfer, including number of seats for transfer and product names
- Transferor and Transferee company names and addresses
- Transferee’s Contract Manager (primary contact) name and email address
- Transferee’s Reseller name, country, and email address
- Transferor and Transferee signatory names, titles, and email addresses.
It is important to enter correct email addresses for both the Transferor and Transferee, as Autodesk will communicate solely through email if there are any issues. And, if approved, Autodesk will email both Transferor and Transferee for their electronic signatures to complete the TOLS process.
To Make a TOLS Request
- Gather your license or subscription information and complete the Transfer of License and Subscription application.
- You have the option to either enlist Microsol Resources to facilitate the TOLS process with Autodesk, or submit it yourself. If you would like our assistance please complete the Transfer of License and Subscription application and then email the completed TOLS application to either your Account Executive or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to submit your application yourself, complete the TOLS application and upload it through the Autodesk customer assistance web form through the link provided. Once submitted, you will receive an email with your case number. Autodesk will review your application and contact you within 2 business days if additional information is needed.
- If approved, the Transferor and Transferee will receive an email request with instructions for electronic signatures. Signatures must be returned within 14 days or the application will be withdrawn.
Once the Transfer of License and Subscription application is approved, the Transferor/original owner of the software license(s) should provide the Transferee/recipient of the license with all pertinent physical media if applicable. Autodesk is under no obligation to provide additional or replacement media to either the Transferor or the Transferee for the software being assigned.
Guidelines for Transferring an Autodesk Product or Subscription
The transfer of Autodesk products or subscriptions involves the transfer from one individual or company to another individual or company, or from one country to another country.
The Autodesk License and Services Agreement governing use of Autodesk software generally prohibits transferring ownership without the prior written consent of Autodesk. However, in a very limited number of circumstances, Autodesk will allow the transfer of products or subscriptions between parties or locations. These circumstances include, for example:
- The merger of two or more companies
- The divestiture or acquisition of a company by another company
- Transfers between subsidiaries of a single company
- Dissolution of a partnership
- Privatization of a government entity
- Transfer from private entity to US Government Organization
- Donations to a non-profit organization
- Transfer to another country – In most cases the licenses and subscriptions must be registered for at least 12 months to transfer to another country.
If you are still having trouble with your TOLS request, please contact us at email@example.com or call 888-768-7568.